Monday 27 April 2009

Blue Milk


So I was browsing through Deerhunter/Atlas Sound/Lotus Plaza's blog the other day and came across a post by Bradford Cox ("An Appreciation for Stereolab's "Blue Milk") where he basically praises the infamous 12 minute minimalist piece form "Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night". I have to agree with the guy. The "Cobra and Phases" record is one of my favourite Stereolab albums and I think that "Blue Milk" is a bold statement and an interesting proposition from the "Groop".
So in his post, Bradford mentions that in a conversation with Tim Gaine, Gaine told him that the track was originally a 40 minute piece that was later edited to 12 minutes for the album. Cox then tells us that the LP version contains the track as a longer, fuller 20 minute edit in a dedicated side on the double LP set. [SUPPORT VINYL!!]
He requested that if anyone has a copy on vinyl, could they rip the track and upload for him to download and so he "can space out to it on repeat for hours in the van. I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL."
So here's your lucky day Brad! I've got a copy of the album on vinyl and I've ripped the full version so you can trip to it. Hey, I certainly did while I was ripping it. It was like high school times all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment